1. Timely Tuition Payment
The Archimedes School relies on tuition to pay our rent and our instructors, and to purchase class materials and supplies - please pay tuition prior to the first class.
2. Complete Required Forms
The Emergency Information, Liability Release and Media Release must be completed and returned to the Archimedes School prior to the first class meeting. Parents agree to inform the Archimedes School of changes in their contact information, including but not limited to email address, phone numbers, and street address, and changes to your student’s health such as allergies.
3. On Time Arrival and On Time Pick-up
Our instructors are busy preparing the classrooms for your students,
so please limit conversation with our instructors during this important transition time. If you would like to discuss your student’s progress, please send and email and we can arrange a time to talk. Because we do not have licensed childcare staff, our insurance company prohibits our instructors from watching students for more than five minutes before and after class. You can help us maintain our insurance by planning your errands carefully to allow for timely drop-off and pick-up.
Students should use the bathroom before class begins. The bathroom is shared with other building tenants and is located just across from the Archimedes School entrance. The instructors cannot escort students to the bathroom during class time.
4. Parent or Guardian Sign In & Out
The safety of your child is very important to us. You or another authorized adult must sign-in and sign-out your student daily. If your child in in grade 6 and up, you can opt
out of this procedure by signing our Opt Out form. Your child will not be released to anyone who is not on the Emergency Information form. Any change in pick up information must be relayed in person, unless there is a serious emergency. Please have any alternate authorized adult picking up your child provide photo identification upon pick-up.
5. Communication with Archimedes
Communication should be done exclusively in writing by email for non-emergency situations or by phone (texting/calling) for emergency situations. Please check for emails frequently.
6. Student Behavior Expectations in the Classroom
Students are expected to:
- speak politely and respectfully to Archimedes instructors, staff, other students at all times and to participate in instructor-guided discussions
- treat all Archimedes property and materials with respect
- remain in their seats at all times concentrating on the assigned task, working quietly, and not disturbing other students
- assist and write at the white board only when asked by the instructor
- take all materials and garbage with them when they leave the classroom
- keep cell phones on silent/vibrate mode at all times
- use the water dispenser with instructor permission
- Archimedes instructors will inform parents of students with behavior issues. Persistent unacceptable behavior problems may result in a student being removed from the class
7. Expected Behavior on the Premises
The Archimedes School is located in the Redmond Office Center building and shares the building with several other businesses. To allow us to remain in this location, we must follow their building and parking lot policies. While on the premises,
- students may not run and make noise in the hallways, stairs or parking lot,
- parents should keep conversations with other parents to whispered tones in our lobby, hallways, stairs and parking lots,
- parents and students should keep their phones in silent mode at all times,
- parents should wait for their students in our lobby or in cars – please don’t wait in the hallway.
8. Missed Group Classes
There are no refunds or prorated tuition for missed group classes. If space is available in another class (same grade in same week) your student may attend. Planned absences should be communicated in advance with the instructor. Parents may request in-class worksheets and homework from missed class.
9. Rescheduling Private/Semi-private Sessions
We have at least 48 hours rescheduling policy for all private/semi-private sessions for any non-illness/non-emergency cases.
Plan A - no more than two times rescheduling per quarter.
If there are more than 2 rescheduling you will be automatically moved to our Plan B payment plan.
If your child has a fever or is severely ill, stay at home – we will accept same day absence notice in those circumstances if we it is received at least 2 hours before the scheduled sessions.
Canceled classes cannot be carried forward to the next quarter for Plan A.
10. Food and allergies
WE ARE A PEANUT FREE SCHOOL - NO PEANUTS, PEANUT BUTTER OR OTHER PEANUT PRODUCTS DUE TO POSSIBLE SEVERE ALLERGIC REACTION FROM STUDENTS ALLERGIC TO PEANUTS.
Technology and food and water don’t mix. Please do not bring food, gum or candy into the classroom at any time. It is difficult to concentrate in class if your child is hungry – please make sure they have a meal or snack prior to class. Students may bring snacks and a water bottle to have in the lobby. It is very important that we are informed of any allergies or health conditions that your child may have.